Thursday, June 21, 2012

Virginia is for Lovers..Not Auditors

We made it back from Virginia - a day early! Honestly, I was ready to come home the minute we got there. The town was t.i.n.y. The food options were nil, which makes it really hard when you have to eat there for 7 meals. The client, however, was amazing - so organized, I could cry from happiness. That's why we were able to leave town early, a little less than 48 hours after we had arrived. 

I managed to catch some pictures along the way. The drive was really gorgeous. If I had been driving alone, I would've stopped at some of the lookouts to take pictures. It made me really excited for Ryan's and my trip to Asheville for our birthdays in a couple of weeks. No, I didn't just spend fifteen minutes on Google determining the proper grammar for that last sentence.

When discussing a stopping point for dinner on our way up, my boss got extremely excited about this burger place in Kingsport, TN, that's a favorite of all the locals. It's a little drive thru that serves burgers, fries, peach tea, and milkshakes. I must admit, it was really delicious. I'd make the stop again. And it was pretty cute, too.



Then we made it to Grundy. The most exciting thing? Their 3-story Walmart with cart escalators.

Foggy morning view from the hotel
Thanks, Comfort Inn, for the bath time toy

Little mountain town 

I managed to capture a few glimpses of the mountains on the way home. 



I'm so happy to be back in my own bed. I'm looking forward to working from home the rest of the week and a low-key weekend.

I owe y'all a recipe or two! Those are coming next!

No comments: