Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Lovin'

With the summer solstice last week and temps like these in the forecast, it's hard to deny summer's arrival.

105 degrees? Really South Carolina?

I thought I'd share some of my summer essentials with you! While I'm actually a bigger fan of fall weather, I love summer travels and fun and I had so much fun sharing a peek inside my beach bag!


{This is a great cooling lotion for the hot months, especially when you accidently get sunburned. The SPF is an added bonus!}



{These are the best summer sandals, hands down. I've owned 3 pairs of the exact same shoe. I only had to replace them because I had worn them so much! They're made with rubber bottoms now, which is more sufficient than the old wood bottoms. I wear these with everything, from sundresses to shorts. The gold is the perfect metallic.}


{It's hard to express my love of this moisturizer. I bought it back in high school and have been using it religiously ever since. When I went to New Mexico several years back, the air was so dry my skin was literally peeling off. This was the only moisturizer that solved the dryness. Summer tip: put it in the fridge to cool off your skin when you return from the pool or beach!}


Kate Spade Straw Purse

{A straw tote is essential for the summer months. It brightens up any outfit!}


{The first is the #1 selling blush in America for good reason. It looks great on any skin tone and even better with a little tan. I use it every day to add some color to my face. The second highlights with a bit of shimmer. I use it on my cheekbones and the outside of my eyes and collarbone to catch the sunlight.}



{I don't actually own this hat, but how cute would it be for the beach or running errands on Saturday morning?}



{My favorite summer nail color! I used the gel polish in this shade when I got a manicure a few weeks ago and I couldn't stop staring at my shiny nails! The color goes with everything and is such a fresh pop on tan fingers!}





{This is my first product from the Moroccan Oil line and I'm hooked! I bought it in Arizona at the spa after a friend of mine with curly hair recommended the mousse. They didn't have the mousse, and while I'm still on the hunt for that as well, I use this cream in my daily hair routine now. It smells DIVINE. Ryan always tells me I smell good after he gives me a hug, and I'm 100% convinced it's this cream. It controls the frizz from all the humidity and is worth every penny!}

What are your summer essentials? Do tell!

No comments: