Friday, June 15, 2012

{Recipe} ~ Creamy Lemon Basil Potato Salad

I really enjoyed this different spin on potato salad! The combination of flavors was refreshing and the pine nuts added a nice crunch. I could see myself making this again, to eat for lunches, but I think it would be hard to take it to a pot-luck or BBQ, simply because your picky eaters may not enjoy this twist on an old classic.

It was incredibly easy to make and I just halved the recipe to make enough for 3 servings. Lauren, Staci, and I cleaned our bowls! Honestly, I love Ree's recipes. She's by far my favorite cook I've discovered recently. Every recipe I try turns out to be delicious and a crowd pleaser! I just caught her show on the Food Network last week and was so excited to see her in action!

Creamy Lemon Basil Potato Salad
from The Pioneer Woman



Ingredients

  • 1 bag (24-28 Ounce) Small Potatoes
  • 2 whole Lemons, Juiced
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 Tablespoon Prepared Pesto
  • 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
  • Small Basil Leaves

Preparation Instructions

Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender. Drain, cut in half, then place in a bowl.
Toast pine nuts in a skillet over low heat until just lightly golden. Remove from heat. 
Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, salt & pepper, and pesto until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as you'd like.
Pour half the dressing over the potatoes and toss to combine. Add more dressing to taste. 
Cover and refrigerate the potato salad for a few hours. To serve, sprinkle lots of small basil leaves over the top. Yum!


No comments: