Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy National Running Day!

Alright, so I might be two days late, as National Running Day is actually June 6th. But better late than never, right?

I couldn't let this day go by without getting my running shoes on and hitting the pavement.


I only had time for two miles as I was meeting Ryan, Tom, and Bailey for a sushi dinner for Tom's birthday. Tom and Bailey were in town to pick up Ryan on their way to Bonnaroo. I wasn't able to take more time off this summer (saving my PTO for a trip to Litchfield and two trips to Texas), but was definitely jealous when they were packing up the car because they're getting to see some of my favorite bands in concert. Oh well, there's always next year!

Anyway, back to the actual run! This run was much, much harder than I wanted it to be. Two miles shouldn't have felt as difficult as these did. I kept getting a really bad side cramp and I was even thankful to stop at the stoplights to stretch it out. Bleh. I need to get my endurance back!

Thursday was happy hour with the new interns. And shockingly enough, 3 beers and no water before bed made for pretty crappy hydration for my run before work this morning. Who knew?


This run was even slower than Wednesday's!

I'm dedicating the next few weeks to getting back into shape so when I start half-marathon training in August, I'm not starting from scratch. I want a solid running base so those 3 and 4 milers feel effortless!

This year's running goal:


It's official! I registered last week. I'm looking forward to doing my training runs on the course, so there will be no surprises on race day (I'm talking about you, Pinehurst half marathon with your "rolling hills"). I'm excited about getting back into a training schedule with a weekly post of my progress! 

Happy Running everyone!

No comments: