Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Things Thursday

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these posts! My week usually gets infinitely busier towards the end of the week, so posting on Thursday doesn't always happen. But we had a thunderstorm this morning that woke me up at 6 am, and running in the rain wasn't an option, so...I made some coffee earlier than usual and now we're going to be thankful! Let's go!

I'm thankful for the rain! It's been raining on and off for the past couple of days and we certainly need it here. It's made my commute a bit of a challenge, but I love waking up to the sound of rain. Does anyone else feel this way about rain? Or is it something you just kind of tolerate because you have no choice?

I'm thankful for the season premiere of my absolute favorite TV show tonight:


It's a summer TV series that comes on USA. My friend Logan got me hooked on it last summer, and when Lauren and I weren't working last fall, we ended up laying in bed for an entire day and watched the entire season. I went ahead and bought the DVD's so Ryan could get hooked, too! I really do love this show. The guys are cocky and sarcastic and funny. Ryan thinks the plot is a little predictable, but who cares? The fact that I am willing to follow a TV show is saying a lot (I haven't watched a show consistently in years)! Tune in tonight at 10 - let me know what you think!

I'm thankful I discovered the most amazing farmer's market last week. Someone at work was telling me about a state-run farmer's market nearby that stays open everyday, year round. I've lived here for 10 months now and had no idea this place existed. I went Friday afternoon after work and it was love at first sight.


I got a huge selection of veggies (tomatoes! corn! okra! squash!) for less than $10. I wanted to buy more but I knew Lauren would kill me when I realized it wouldn't all fit in the fridge...

I'm planning on hitting the farmer's market downtown Greenville on Saturday. I've been meaning to go for awhile, but usually the weekends are filled with activities. I have no plans on the calendar for the first weekend in awhile (minus Father's Day) so I'm going to check it out. A friend had some delicious goat cheese she had bought at the market a few weeks ago and I'm dying to get my hands on another tub of the spread (it had honey in it)! My spoils will probably be evident in a few new recipe posts coming up!

I'm thankful for the opportunity to donate blood. We're having a blood drive at work today, and I'm really hoping to donate. Last time I tried to give, my blood pressure was too high and they turned me away. I think I got a little too nervous and was overthinking the whole process the last time. I've given blood successfully once before in college, so I know I can do it! I'm a universal donor, so they need me! Here's to hoping I don't pass out! 

I'm thankful for cheap(er) gas. Enough said.


I'm thankful for cute puppies. A man sitting next to us at happy hour last Friday had 3 huge puppies (bernese mountain dog, husky, and a saint bernard). They were already bigger than me and weren't full grown. They were pretty fluffy and cute to watch while we all agreed what a pain it would be to vaccuum up all that hair! But poor doggies, they were dying from the heat!


I'm thankful I got to have lunch at the Esso yesterday. If you've never heard of The Esso Club, check it out! It's history is important to Clemson, and it's been the subject of dozens of magazine articles and even a tailgating special on ESPN. They have a huge outdoor patio and a meat & three menu for lunch Monday-Friday. It's impossible to get a seat on the Friday before a home football game, but trust me, it's worth the wait. I can't tell you how many Friday afternoons in grad school were spent at the Esso. It's where we went to celebrate the finish of every CPA exam, too. We were at a client semi-nearby for work, and I begged the senior (also a Clemson alum) to make the 20 minute drive so we could eat there for lunch. What a flood of memories! It makes me miss college a little. Okay, a lot. Lunch was worth every single calorie, just for the walk down memory lane!



Last but not least, I'm thankful for sunsets. Shocking, I know. Are y'all getting tired of pictures of the sky yet? Too bad. They're here to stay!




Off to get ready for another day at work! Hope everyone has a good one!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I feel ya on the rain, it has poured in Columbia for like three days straight. Worst part is it would pour 20 min, then the sun would come out so it's been like a tropical rain forest!