Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Update ~ Easter

We're just going to pretend that the weekend starts on Thursday (like it did back in college, sigh) because I finally did something fun on a weeknight instead of work so it's worth mentioning!

via

Anthropologie opened its doors on Friday here in Greenville, and I got invited to the pre-grand opening! The store was open for 2 hours Thursday night to Anthro card members so I invited my roomie to come along! We had dinner at The Lazy Goat beforehand and I cheated just a little because we ordered their amazing fried goat cheese.

 
Sorry I'm not sorry.
 
I may or may not have bought a few things at Anthro (I just had to) and had a great time enjoying appetizers while shopping in my favorite store! Seriously, I'm so excited that Greenville is becoming such a fun little city to live in! Next mission: convince Ryan we shouldn't move.
 
I worked a half day on Friday (it was a holiday after all!) and then met my mom at Whole Foods for lunch + Easter lunch shopping. I finally told her to just cook whatever she wanted, since this challenge allows me to eat nothing. I may have cheated (again) and had a mimosa and some ham biscuits!
 
My mom and I went back to Anthro so I could buy more stuff exchange a dress I bought the night before for a smaller size.
 
I was back at my apartment by 4 pm and got some serious cleaning/laundry done before Ryan came over for dinner. I made a simple meal of grilled chicken and roasted veggies for our date night!


I then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch at 9 pm while watching basketball. Oops.

I woke up at 7 am after a refreshing 10 hours of sleep and begrudgingly got to work. I finally crossed a few things off my to do list and was super glad to do so. And then Ryan crushed my dreams by telling me it "wasn't realistic" to quit my job and travel the world. Not cool.


I spent the rest of the day doing things I never have time for (working out! reading a book! finding new blogs to follow!) and then parked my booty on the couch for the rest of the day/night. So much laziness and it was fantastic.

Sunday, we celebrated Easter in Anderson with my parents with church and brunch!


Overall, a fantastic weekend! I'm so ready for spring weather to get here - since it's April 1st, I'd say it's about time!

I'm linking up with Sami today!

2 comments:

Jessica @ City Sequins said...

I am so happy that the new Anthropolgie is open!!!! Where is your dress from? I loveeeeee it :)

Helene said...

what a great easter! and so jealous about anthro! one of my all time fave stores!
Helene in Between