Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

It's no secret I love to travel, and recently I've especially been bitten by the travel bug. Of the last 9 weekends, I've only spent 2 of them in Greenville. 7 weekends in 5 different states. Even I agree it's a little excessive. But that doesn't mean I haven't planned a few more trips for this year.

Ryan and I just booked flights to Boston!! I'm so excited to cross another state off my list and Boston has been on my list of cities to visit for a while now. Everyone I know who has visited loves it, and we're going this September for the Clemson/Boston College football game. Fall in Boston?! I'm practically giddy already. I've already bought Fodor's Boston Travel Guide in preparation. We're thinking of staying in Cambridge near Harvard, and we'll definitely be stopping by Fenway Park. Here's where y'all come in: I need suggestions! Food, sights, anything!

Boston skyline, we'll meet soon!
I also planned another trip. I'm not usually one for spontaneity (let's face it, I'm Type-A by nature), but when a Living Social deal came up for a two-night stay at The Inn at Middleton Place, I knew I had to scoop it up. I stayed here with my parents several years ago for a hopsital meeting my dad was attending, and it's a really neat location. It's an old plantation, but the Inn is really modern.

via




I wanted to surprise Ryan with the trip for our one-year anniversary, but he's not big on surprises so I went ahead and told him (I know, I'm a terrible secret keeper)! I can't wait to go back to Charleston since it's been awhile and our deep-sea fishing trip got scrapped a few months ago.

What am I going to do with myself once my travel calendar is sadly empty? Fortunately for me, by the time December rolls around (our anniversary), it'll be time for busy season to get into full swing. So I'll just continue to dream of vacations for next year!

But in the interest of a weekend in Greenville, I have a few to-do projects that have been neglected far too long. 

I'm on the search for a new desk. I have my old chair and desk from college, and frankly, it's not very mature. I wasn't sure if I would use the desk when working from home during busy season, so I just moved the setup from college to Greenville. I was right in thinking it wouldn't get used, but I still want to have a pretty place to keep my laptop and store straw baskets to hold all my junk for decoration.

Here's the current setup which I'm even embarrassed to post:


That black office chair? My gosh, that's tacky.

I only paid about $50 for this desk a few years ago, and it got its use in college, so I don't really have a problem parting with it and donating it.

I have my eye on something similar to this desk I found at Target:


Looks much more grown up, doesn't it? Perhaps with a cute yellow chair, like this:

via

Or how pretty is this bright workspace?


I really don't want to spend a lot of money, mainly because it'll be an extremely underused area of my room. But I still want it to look pretty, because I see it every day (I don't have an office where I can just shut the door). Once I get an idea in my head, it's all I can think about! Is everyone else the same way with home decor? I just want to get it over with and all settled the way I like it! Of course, there's some organization that will have to be done, but that'll give me some motivation for a new workspace! 

Here's to marking a few things off my to-do list this weekend!


1 comment:

Anna said...

Don't worry I am (and I think most females our age) obsess over home decorating. Once I get an idea I run with it and can't stop thinking of all the wonderful things I could do. Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the wrong profession...