Sunday, July 15, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

This has been one of the greatest birthdays! I managed to celebrate all week long, because Ryan's birthday happens to be two days after mine! I was spoiled with presents from Ryan, my parents, and my roommate. I'm so blessed. And now I'm blogging from the hotel bed where we're having a weekend getaway in Asheville, NC (a separate post will be necessary for that trip)!

Tuesday night, my parents came to Greenville and took me out for my birthday. We had dinner at Breakwater, a new restaurant I had been wanting to try. The menu consists mainly of seafood and we all cleaned our plates. I had the halibut special, which came with a slice of tomato pie! They sure know the way to a southern girl's heart! And beignets for dessert!






We went back to the apartment so I could open my presents, and I just have to share with you my roommate's super crafty gift! She purchased a cooking class for us (with one of the most popular chef's in Greenville) and made me a flower bouquet out of kitchen utensils! Adorable!

Wooden spoons, metal skewers, and drink stirs!

I got to make quick use of this Cuisinart griddle my parents gave me when I made breakfast for Ryan's birthday on Thursday morning! I can't wait to cook everything on this little thing!


We had Ryan's birthday dinner at Devereaux's, a restaurant we had both been wanting to try. Since I grew up in the area, I've eaten at most of the "nice" restaurants in Greenville but there are still so many Ryan has yet to try. This one was a first for both of us! It didn't disappoint! I had beef prepared two ways and Ryan had the Peking duck. We started with a summer squash soup that was so smooth and creamy; I wish I could recreate it in my kitchen! That was served with jalapeno cornbread. Yum.



Friday, we celebrated our birthdays with our friends in Greenville. We had a group of 10, my roommate and her boyfriend, a coworker of mine and his girlfriend, Ryan's old roommate from Clemson, his current roommate and his girlfriend, and a few of Ryan's coworkers! We had dinner at Trio, our favorite Italian restaurant. We spent the rest of the night bar-hopping. A great time was had by all. I'm just bummed we didn't get a group shot!

Lauren, Holly, and me 

Travis and Abby (Ryan's roommate)
Roomie love
Birthday brownies Holly baked us!
Overall, an amazing week with my favorite people! Can it be my birthday all the time?? :)

No comments: