Wednesday, September 25, 2013

{Recipe} ~ Apple Walnut Ravioli

Because Lauren and I came home with our fair share of apples from the orchard, I wanted to try some new recipes to use them up. However, I'm not really into sweets and didn't want to bake something, so a savory apple recipe was just what I wanted!

This recipe was probably the easiest ever, only required a few ingredients, and tasted rich and decadent. I made this Sunday night and I'll say that Lauren and I have never met a pasta dish we didn't like.

Ravioli with Apples and Walnuts
from Real Simple
Ingredients

1 lb. cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. walnuts, roughly chopped
1 crisp apple (such as Braeburn or Gala), cut into matchsticks
1/2 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt & Black Pepper
1/4 c. grated Parmesan

Directions

Cook the ravioli according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast, stirring often, until lightly toasted and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the apple, parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and toss to combine. Spoon over the ravioli and sprinkle with Parmesan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drooling over here! Going to keep this in mind after I go apple picking in a few weeks.