Thursday, September 5, 2013

101 in 1001

This list has taken me a lifetime to write! You can read more about the Day Zero Project if you're interested! For me, this list is a happy medium between a bucket list (a lifetime worth of goals) and New Years' resolutions. I technically began this goal on my 25th birthday, so I'm already 2 months in! I've even created a new tab in my header to keep me accountable for the next 2+ years!

Start date ~ July 10, 2013
End date ~ April 6, 2016

1. Fly first class.
2. Own a Le Creuset dutch oven.
3. Host a dinner party.
4. Have a social media-free weekend.
5. Make my bed everyday for a month.
6. Ride on a sailboat.
7. Find a signature drink.
8. Find a signature scent.
9. See a movie in theaters alone.
10. Stay at a bed and breakfast.
11. Invest in personalized stationery.
12. Have a picnic.
13. Send Christmas cards one year.
14. Eat Texas BBQ in Austin.
15. Send snail mail to friends for birthdays and holidays.
16. Buy a coffee table book.
17. Go to a drive-in movie.
18. Donate blood.
19. Stay in bed all day and watch an entire TV season.
20. Read the entire NY Times Sunday paper and attempt the crossword.
21. Visit an apple orchard.
22. Host a Super Bowl party.
23. Have my diplomas and CPA license framed.
24. Visit a food truck.
25. Take a cooking class.
26. Prepare a meal using only ingredients found at a farmer's market.
27. Take a road trip.
28. Visit three new states.
29. Visit Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard.
30. Visit a new country.
31. Go hiking.
32. See all the "Best Picture" Oscar nominees one year.
33. Host a wine & cheese happy hour for my girlfriends.
34. Sleep under the stars.
35. Watch the sunrise and the sunset in the same day.
36. Don't eat fast food for a month.
37. Take a hot yoga class.
38. Run a half marathon.
39. Update all the pictures in my room/at my desk with recent ones.
40. Visit NYC at Christmas.
41. Participate in a Color Run 5k.
42. Pay for someone else's meal in a drive-thru or restaurant.
43. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.
44. Make soft pretzels at home.
45. Participate in a charity run/walk.
46. Meet with a financial planner.
47. Buy something from Etsy.
48. Buy flowers for someone.
49. Make my own spaghetti sauce.
50. Floss everyday for a month.
51. Eat breakfast for dinner.
52. Buy a set of luxurious bath towels.
53. Buy nothing new for one month.
54. Read ten so-called classic novels.
55. Get a massage.
56. Leave a 100% tip at a restaurant.
57. Compile a list of inspiring quotes.
58. Donate my old Mac laptop.
59. Write a "Day in the Life" blog post.
60. Take a home-cooked meal to someone.
61. Attend an outdoor concert.
62. See a play or musical.
63. Stretch every day for a month.
64. Update my resume.
65. Own a decent set of kitchen knives.
66. Stock my "bar" with something other than wine
67. Organize/upload photos from my iPhone (and then delete them).
68. Visit a brewery.
69. Start a collection.
70. Purchase a "Where I've Been" map.
71. Throw out twenty things and don't replace them.
72. Create a beauty routine and stick with it.
73. Buy a bicycle.
74. Eat the recommended serving of vegetables every day for one week.
75. See ten so-called classic films.
76. Try five new foods.
77. Learn how to change a flat tire.
78. Discover five new restaurants in town.
79. Have friends over for brunch.
80. Get a blowout at a drybar.
81. Stop drinking coffee for one week.
82. Go gluten-free for a month.
83. Leave a friendly note in a public place for a strange to find and smile about.
84. Organize my recipes.
85. Adopt a child from the Angel Tree at Christmas.
86. Read a book that intimidates me.
87. Make biscuits from scratch.
88. Pay off my car.
89. Buy a lottery ticket.
90. Watch a meteor shower.
91. Attend a festival.
92. Pop a bottle of champagne, just because.
93. Wake up and work out every morning for one week.
94. Re-read the Harry Potter series.
95. See all seven Harry Potter movies.
96. Watch the past ten years "Best Picture" winners at the Oscars.
97. Make five recipes from Ina Garten's cookbook.
98. Go kayaking.
99. Make another 101 in 1001 list.
100. Put $10 into savings for every goal accomplished.
101. Donate $10 for every goal not accomplished.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So many are totally do-able! Good luck!

Jenn said...

I LOVE your list!!! I'm doing one too (It's in the under Mission 101 under the header of my blog), but I don't think mine is nearly as creative as yours LOL.

I love the whole process though, I've started two in the past and never completed them and this time I'm determined to!

Anna said...

Loving this list Charlotte! Those last two items are great--when I make mine I might have to steal those. After wedding bonanza is over I'm definitely making a list of my own to begin to conquer.

Can't wait to hear stories of you crossing all of these off!