Thursday, June 20, 2013

Currently...

It's been awhile since I've written one of these posts, but given the randomness of my week and my jumbled brain, it seems perfect for this Thursday morning!

Reading the CNN headlines and my Twitter feed. Standard early morning activities. Is it just me or does a lot go on in the world while you're asleep?

Watching nothing at the moment. I'm hoping to get into some new TV seasons on Netflix this weekend. Give me recommendations!

Listening to The Great Gatsby soundtrack on Spotify. I think I'm obsessed with Florence Welch.
via
Working in the office for the rest of the week, thank goodness. But I survived this week running an audit completely by myself with a first-year staff AND an intern! I constantly wondered, "Did I use to ask this many questions?"

Writing this blog post. Duh.

Hoping my year-end review with my boss goes well this morning. If so, it means a promotion and raise for THIS GIRL!

Excited about this:
I PURCHASED MY VERY FIRST CAR!!

I've had my Honda Accord for 5 years, and while it was a great run, I missed having an SUV. Because I'm very impatient when I decide I want something, I walked on the lot, drove a CR-V around the block, went to dinner, then called them back and said I had to have it! Weeeeeee!

But it's much less fun buying a brand new car when you don't get to drive it off the lot. #firstworldfit
They're bringing it from another dealer and I'll have it by Friday! More pictures coming soon!!

Thinking that change isn't necessarily a bad thing. With what's been going on in my life lately, "change" should be my middle name.

Wearing a cami and pajama shorts. I'm convinced our A/C hardly works at all during the summer.

Sipping/Eating out of my favorite mug from Scottsdale:
Loving everything! It's almost Friday! I get to go bowling with the interns during work today! I bought a new car! And I'm off to the mountains for the weekend!

Things are looking up!

2 comments:

Jessica @ City Sequins said...

I love this post...so much exciting stuff going on! I hope your meeting goes well today (yayyyy promotion) and congrats on the new wheels! :)

siddathornton said...

YAY! so happy to have you linked up this week.

as far as netflix recommendations, have you watched mad men? my husband & i just finished the fifth season, & now we're waiting for season six to be added to our instant queue. in the mean time, we're watching the office. hilarious!

i hope your meeting went well & that you're having a great week!