Wednesday, March 13, 2013

{Recipe} ~ Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars

These easy cookie bars would be the perfect treat for St. Patty's Day this weekend!

I made them to take to Augusta last weekend, but we were all so full from oysters, I never even got them out of my bag. Plus, the twins had given up sweets for Lent, so I didn't want to tempt them too much.

However, I do believe my coworkers are enjoying them today. Nothing like a good sugar rush to get you through the day!

Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars
from Plain Chicken


Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp milk
1 cup Andes mint chips (I couldn't find these in the grocery store; I chopped up regular Andes mints instead)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cookie spray. Set aside.

Mix together all ingredients and spread in prepared pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.

No comments: