Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Update ~ A Whole Lot of Nothin'

Do you ever have one of those weekends that's the perfect amount of productivity and total laziness?

That's exactly how mine went down and I kind of want to repeat it over and over again.

But that's definitely not happening since football season starts IN SIX DAYS. We're off to Atlanta next weekend to see our Tigers kickoff against Auburn in the Georgia Dome. Cannot. Wait.

I'm almost 100% positive  I'm going to wake up in December and have no idea where fall went. It's my favorite time of year and I cannot be happier that it's on its way.

Back to the weekend...

Friday night we had a United Way event in Greenville. It was a typical young professional's gathering: mingling, bbq, beer and wine, and a band. I was home and in bed by 11:30 pm. #PostGradProblems.

Saturday included all the things great weekends are made of. A great run, cleaning, several loads of laundry, a patio lunch at the brewery downtown, a trip to Target and Trader Joe's, a pedicure, and a homemade dinner with a bottle of wine with my favorite person (Ryan, obviously).

Today, I made homemade bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches with my new egg poacher, spent hours on Pinterest, and took a nap while watching baseball. I'm heading out for my long run when it cools down a bit, and then Ryan and I are making pizza together!

See what I mean? This weekend made me happy.

I have a lot on the upcoming schedule, so it's easy to start wishing time away for things on the horizon.


I'm pretty sure I failed to mention that I'm going to Mexico in October with Ryan's family (3 days after we get back from Boston, eek)!!! While we were in Dallas, Ryan's mom asked us to go with the family to Cabo San Lucas. Who could pass up that trip? I've never been to Mexico, either! Cue excitement.

But I saw this on Pinterest today and I really loved it.

via
Hope you all enjoyed your weekends and are taking advantage of every moment!

No comments: