Thursday, May 3, 2012

Weekend Update ~ Beach!

I can't believe it's Thursday and I'm just now writing about the weekend! It's been a busy week to say the least! My suitcase is still packed from the weekend and this upcoming weekend is going to be full of activities, too! Do you ever just wish you could snap your fingers and everything would be wonderfully clean again?!

I'll start where we left off last week! Our firm hosted an audit training in Columbia for all of our offices (we have 9 of them). We stayed at the Hampton Inn in the Vista and training was at the Columbia conference center. I had to laugh when I saw their motto:

It's a well-known fact in South Carolina that Columbia is always a million times hotter in the summer than anywhere else in the state!


After training on Thursday, we napped, had dinner at Saki Tumi, and a few drinks with co-workers at World of Beer, which was conveniently located across from our hotel. Friday was more of the same, and at 4 pm, we were beach-bound!!

Friday night, we hit the outlets in Myrtle Beach for some power shopping. I picked up a few cardi's from J.Crew and shorts from the Loft. A successful shopping trip!

Saturday, I woke up pretty early and read for awhile in the hammock. (Side note: I'm obsessed with the "Fifty Shades" trilogy. I'm finishing up the third book now and I just started the first one on Saturday!!) Once Lauren was awake, we walked on the bike path to Starbucks. I always love the view of the marsh in Pawley's.


My favorite house in the neighborhood!



















After a quick 2-mile run on the beach, Lauren and I were in our bathing suits with the cooler packed! It was such a gorgeous day - not a cloud in the sky! We definitely paid for it later, with sunburns in the most random places. The art of sunscreen application is a tricky one.


I always give Lauren a hard time for being a hoarder. I have to force her to throw things away when she's going on a cleaning binge. I claim to love a clutter-free lifestyle. And then this happened:


SEVEN bottles of sunscreen in my beach bag!!! I have no idea how they all got there. The worst part is that most of them were almost completely empty. Geez, no wonder my bag was so heavy!

Here's our idea of lunch on the beach. Palmetto Pimento Cheese (seriously the best ever made), wheat thins, and margaritas. Ahh, I could get used to this life.


We had dinner at Nosh at the Hammock shops. I didn't snap a picture of anything we ate, but it was all very delicious. We sat outside on the open porch and listened to the awesome band while we ate.

Sunday was pretty much the same as Saturday, then we had to head home. It wasn't until we got ready to leave that we realized we were wearing matching shirts. I'd say that this was something we laughed about for awhile, but it happens more often than we'd like to admit. There have been several mornings when we've come out of our rooms dressed for work and we're wearing eerily similar outfits. People ask if we're best friends and I just don't know what to tell them... 


Tuesday night, we celebrated my old gradschool roomie's 24th birthday in Clemson! It's always great to catch up and hang out like old times!



This week had two girl's nights and now I'm off to the Drive game with Ryan's company! I told Lauren we're going to have to stop being such social butterflies! I have a recipe to share and a few other posts in mind! Stay tuned!

No comments: