Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Update ~ Easter

Hello! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! I had a great weekend full of friends, fun, happy hours, delicious food, and of course, the blessing of Easter! 


via
















On Friday, I worked from home, but only had to work about 4 hours to hit my weekly total. The morning involved a much-needed mani/pedi. Lauren and I had bought a Living Social for a local salon for a pedicure with wine. Unfortunately I made my appointment at 10 am, so the wine was semi-socially-unacceptable. I opted for coffee instead.

OPI's Cajun Shrimp
 



















After work, I started baking some Easter treats! I found the idea on Pinterest, but basically all you have to do is melt a Hershey Hug on a pretzel and then top with an M&M! So easy! Actually, the hardest part is just unwrapping all those Hershey kisses! I ended up taking them to work Monday morning and they were gone before lunch. If you want to get rid of sweets, take them to the office!


All plated for Easter dessert!
Friday night involved happy hour at Ale House with the work crew, and then bar hopping for the remainder of the evening with both my work friends and Ryan's. I believe our stops included Nose Dive, Ford's Oyster Bar, Corner Pocket, and last but not least, The G-Spot. Side note: The G-Spot is a pretty seedy bar. But Ryan and I had our first kiss there. So we return for nostalgia sake. And sometimes, the music is good for dancing.

Saturday was a lazy day! I really wanted to drive to Asheville to see the tulips at the Biltmore. Unfortunately, you can only buy one ticket as admission (for $64) and Ryan and I weren't in the mood to tour the house while we were there. Bummer :(

Here's a picture my dad took of the garden several years ago:

Instead, we decided to spend a day enjoying our own city! We went to lunch at Luna Rosa. This place has the best gelato and the food is actually pretty amazing too! I had a grilled cheese panini and Ryan had the eggplant tomato bisque. We had to finish our lunch with gelato (caramel latte crunch for me and peanut butter cup for Ryan). 

Pretty flowers at our outdoor table
 We spent the next two hours sitting at Falls Park on a bench and people watching (one of my FAVORITE things to do). It was so nice to just relax and hang out and chat. The weather was gorgeous! Here's a few pictures:



Hi ducks! You're cute. Let's be friends.
Saturday afternoon was spent napping while watching the Masters. Ryan and I met one of my coworkers, Trent, at Liberty Tap Room for appetizers and dinner. We ended up making friends with the waiter and stayed for hours. 

Sunday was Easter! Ryan, Trent, and I headed to Anderson to the church I grew up in, First Presbyterian, and then had Easter lunch with my family. The church was packed so I'm glad we got there early for a seat. Lunch was delicious! We made our usuals: honey baked ham, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and rolls. My mom made these precious "easter baskets" for dessert! 



Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend with their families!

No comments: