Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Update ~ Braves Opening Day & Clemson Spring Game

Happy Sunday! I've returned back to Greenville after traveling again this weekend and having lots of fun! Here's a quick recap:

On Friday, a big crew of us went down to Atlanta for the Braves Home Opener. This game was extra special because The Civil Wars performed a pre-game concert! Lauren and I saw them in Charlotte back in December, and were excited to see them again! They played a shorter set with a few of their new songs from The Hunger Games soundtrack. While I must admit that their music isn't really appropriate for a baseball game venue, I still enjoyed hearing some of my favorites again live (plus, we were so close to the stage)!




Now onto the game! The Braves won 10-8 against the Brewers!






Our wonderful friends Jacob & Emmie, who live in Midtown, let us crash for the night. They have an awesome view of the city! We were in Atlanta back in March for a weekend reunion and I was excited to see them again!


We walked a few blocks to Einstein's for brunch. The food was to die for. Tom and I split the Fried Green Tomatoes and I had Shrimp & Grits as my meal. Yum. We could've spent all day drinking on the fabulous porch.


After brunch, Tom, Ryan, and I were on the road again to Clemson. We spent the afternoon tailgating. Honestly, we never actually went into the stadium for the spring game. It was just so nice to prop our feet up at the tailgate; I really didn't want to move. And since I have no pictures to show for it beside this one of the stadium, I'll give you some pictures from the Clemson vs. Furman baseball game at the Drive Stadium we went to on Tuesday night.



And now I'm off to enjoy Sunday Funday by the pool on this gorgeous day! Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

No comments: