Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday Randoms

Hello! I've been accumulating quite a few pictures on my iPhone, all so they could be shared in this random post!


First: The Sleep Cycle app! This thing is awesome -- and makes me completely aware that I sleep like crap. You place your phone in the bed with you and it monitors your movement and gives you a graph of your "sleep cycle." You also give it a 30-minute window in which to wake you up, so the app avoids waking you up in your deepest sleep (making you feel groggy). While I think it's a neat idea, I'm not 100% sure it actually works. If you do happen to be in a deep sleep before you need to wake up, your alarm has no choice but to wake you up anyway. Still, I like having the graphs in the morning, mainly to say, "No wonder I don't feel rested! I woke up 5 times last night!" (see below. woof.) Side note: Ryan, two of of our friends, and I have a group message going in which we compare our sleep cycles in the morning. Comments include: "Dang Charlotte, your sleep cycles are messed up" and from Jordan: "I'm pretty much awesome at everything I do. Including sleeping." It's pretty hysterical.


On the left is a picture of my "breakfast." Okay, not really, more like a morning snack. Our office is really good to us during busy season (i.e. feeds us A LOT) and there were cranberry orange muffins in the training room last Monday morning. Even though I had already eaten breakfast, I couldn't resist. I ate it all day long - the muffin was the size of my hand! But oh, was it good. Must find a recipe for these!

On the right: my standard lunch for the past week and a half. Mom sent me home from Easter with some leftover ham (thanks Mom!), which I turned into lunch for days. Fun fact: I'm not a fan of sandwiches. People always look at me funny when I say this. But it's true! I just don't get excited about lunch. If I could survive on breakfast and dinner alone, I would. Lunch foods are a necessary evil though. Sorry, rant over! With my dislike of sandwiches aside, this one was pretty tasty! I bought some cranberry honey mustard a while back that is a standard for me for turkey/ham sandwiches. I'm a little impressed with my well-balanced meal. But then I ate it for 5 days in a row, and today, I had popcorn for lunch. Ha, I tried.


Kate Spade purse & sunglasses, J.Crew cardigan

Earrings from Anthropologie
 As it's gotten warmer out, and I've switched to wearing some of my "summer" wardrobe, I noticed I have an obsession with coral. It's everwhere! I was discussing this obsession with Lauren, to which she agreed with me. We decided it was because the color, when wearing it, makes you look tanner. I can totally agree with that one!


And last but not least, the beautiful sky last night when I got home from the gym. I have a mild obsession with sunrises and sunsets. I have been known to pull over on the side of the road to take a picture of the sunset (which never seems to do it justice). I swear, Clemson had some of the best sunsets. I have a few pictures saved just to help me remember how gorgeous that place really is. Sunrises and sunsets over water are a particular favorite. Maybe I'll do a post of my favorites for a rainy day.

Thanks for sticking it out through my brain's random thoughts today!

No comments: