Monday, April 23, 2012

{Recipe} ~ Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa

I had to post this recipe almost immediately after I cooked it for dinner tonight. This was SO good. The salsa is amazing. I highly recommend it for the summer months. It's such a fresh, healthy salsa. I ended up scooping some of it out of the bowl with tortilla chips before I ever got to pour it on top of my chicken. I'm telling you...go make this for dinner ASAP!

Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny

via














Ingredients:
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (I used chicken breasts because it was all I had on hand!)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Cooking spray

Salsa:
2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
3 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt 


Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray.  Combine garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken.  Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes on each side or until done.



Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, pineapple, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.  Serve relish over chicken and enjoy.

Eat up and enjoy!


No comments: