Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What I'm Loving...

It's been awhile since I've done one of these posts, but there are a few things I just have to share with you!

This dress from Anthropologie:

via
This dress is so versatile and comfortable. I want to buy it in every pattern. I've already gotten so much wear out of it, and I've only had it a month. I wore it to a baseball game, dinner at a steakhouse in Dallas, and then on the plane afterwards, and most recently to Sippin' Safari last weekend. I wear it with this belt, also from Anthro.

Have I mentioned I'm going to be in big trouble when they finish building the Anthropologie in Greenville? My bank account can at least breathe easy until sometime in 2013. Yikes.

I'm officially a CPA

Yep, I got my license in the mail and now I can finally put those 3 little letters behind my name that I worked so darn hard for. Maybe someday I'll write a post about how I came to be an accountant, because it seems that most people don't come out of the womb wanting to crunch numbers. Hard to believe, I know.

These beauties from Tory Burch:

via
I've been debating a new pair of flats since last fall. I know everyone loves their Revas, but I couldn't decide if the shiny metallic logo was for me. When I saw these, with the more subtle logo, the tumbled leather, and that gorgeous camel color, I was pretty much sold. No store around here sells them and I wanted to be able to try them on first. I lucked out when I was in Atlanta and Emmie let me try on a few of her pairs to determine fit.

I'm very picky about my shoes. I only have about 12 pairs, and each of them serve an individual purpose (nude heels, black heels, black flats, neutral sandals, etc.) But these will be perfect for fall and can match almost anything in my closet.

Next thing you know, they were in my shopping bag online at Nordstrom. The verdict: I'm. in. love. 

This little exclamation from Mint.com:


I want to buy a house. Like tomorrow. I've been saving up for years, and now that I have a real job, I've been putting more away each month. I set a goal for myself a year or so ago for a certain dollar amount I wanted to reach to help pay for a down payment and some furniture (i.e. necessary items for a new house). This month, I finally reached my goal! However, Lauren and I renewed our lease for another year, so I won't be looking for awhile. That gives me time to save even more money so I can buy something I really love. Look at me, all grown up!

This planner I found at Staples:

via
At work, we're all pretty much glued to our Outlook calendars. Mine syncs with my iPhone so I always know what's coming up on my schedule, but sometimes I miss the pen-and-paper planners I used in college. I bought a blank one this past weekend that can serve as a running to-do list when busy season starts. I'll be looking to get promoted next year, so running my jobs efficiently will be key when I start taking on more responsibility. Plus, the floral pattern is pretty!

This designer copycat watch from Target:


I've been coveting a Michael Kors gold boyfriend watch for quite some time. But there are certain items I'll splurge on (shoes, above) and things I won't (trendy watch). I usually breeze right past the jewelry section in Target because I have a few classic pieces I wear all the time, but for some reason I decided to browse through on my most recent trip. 

I almost jumped up and down when I saw this watch. It's cheap ($14!!) but doesn't look cheap at all. I even had someone ask me if I had purchased a MK watch when I wore it this weekend. Talk about a score! I smile to myself when I glance down at it and pat myself on the back for my thrifty find.

......................................................................................

Anything you're loving lately (besides of course the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks)??

2 comments:

Anna said...

So excited you shared about this watch! My clumsy self banged my wrist on a door frame the other day and it cracked the face of my silver watch...seriously. I've been wanting to get a new one and since I'm watching money this is a perfect, I think I'll go grab one this weekend!

Kristin W said...

I'm obsessed with my Revas! Sadly, I've almost worn my black ones out and will have a REALLY hard time splurging on another pair. That pair is perfect. Ooo! I'm loving the watch too. Congrats on saving the money! Really exciting!