Thursday, February 14, 2013

L.O.V.E.

Happy Heart Day!

via
I love love.

I love Ryan, my family, my best girlfriends, my coworkers, my big comfy bed, a warm bath and a glass of wine.

What's not to love? This day doesn't have to be about relationship status. Why can't it just be a day for love?!

And what better way to spoil your favorites than with cheesecake stuffed strawberries?

Yeah, I know. Divine.

I was covered in powdered sugar and strawberry juice at 10 pm last night, but I think these will be the perfect end to the dinner I'm cooking for Ryan and me tonight.

And my coworkers are really hoping there will be leftovers for them tomorrow.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
from Iowa Girl Eats


Ingredients:

2lbs strawberries
8oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 full sheets graham crackers, crushed


Directions:
  1. Cut the tops off the strawberries and, using a paring knife, hollow out the insides.
  2. Combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together in a bowl, then transfer to a piping or ziploc bag. Snip the corner off the bag and pipe filling into the strawberries, allowing the filling to come a little over the top of the berry.
  3. Pour the crushed graham crackers into a shallow dish or bowl. Dip the exposed top of the cheesecake stuffed strawberry into the crumbs.
  4. Place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.

No comments: