Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Life Update

I feel like I just fell off the face of the planet for a week or so!

Let's rewind back to last weekend first.

Ryan and I celebrated our Valentine's Day at home on Thursday night (I cooked dinner - recipe coming soon and we had these for dessert) but we went out on the town on Friday night. I have annual coupons to several of the nicer restaurants in Greenville because of my donations to United Way, and I thought Valentine's would be a perfect time to use one of them!

We went to Soby's, a restaurant that I love but haven't been to again since I've moved to Greenville. We had a fantastic dinner of bacon-wrapped tenderloin and potato crusted flounder and headed home with full bellies.

 
 Ryan surprised me with these gorgeous flowers Friday night when he came to pick me up for dinner! It was such a different arrangement, which he said he helped pick out! I was proud of him!

I had promised myself I was going to take most of Saturday off from work to catch up on some other things (laundry, packing for Charleston for work) and I'd work Sunday instead. They were calling for snow on Saturday (I never believe them when they say it's going to snow), but Ryan and I headed to Coffee Underground to enjoy one of my rare mornings off.

 
We made it back to apartment just in time for the "snow" to start falling. We didn't get as much at my apartment as other parts of Greenville did, but it was still fun to be curled up on the couch and watch the flurries out the window!

This was early on during the snowfall


I spent the rest of the afternoon organizing, doing laundry, and napping.

Sunday, I was off to Charleston for a week for work, but not before stopping at The Bohemian for brunch. Their bloody mary bar and jalapeno pimento cheese is pretty hard to resist.

And then, next thing ya know, I was in Charleston!

I hadn't been in Charleston since the Cooper River Bridge 10K, so I was excited to meet up with my bestie, Rachel, for dinner Sunday night. She chose Basil, the most fabulous Thai food I've ever had. Then I was tucked into my hotel for a long week ahead.

While this client was more than exhausting, we managed to hit up quite a few delicious eats while in Charleston. Every night we had such a hard time deciding because there are just too many restaurants to choose from!

The eating highlights of the week: sushi at O-Ku, seafood at Coast, tapas and people watching at Social Wine Bar, drinks at Proof Bar and Pavilion Rooftop Bar, and dinner at my all-time favorite restaurant Red Drum in Mt. Pleasant.

Homemade Sugar and Spice Donuts at Red Drum. Yeah, that happened.
I originally looked into booking the hotel for the weekend and having Ryan come down and join me, but after realizing the rooms were going to be $250/night, I decided we'd stick with our free original plan to go to the mountains for a belated Valentine's getaway.

We drove up late Friday night and I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Unfortunately, we woke up to a rainy day on Saturday, but that gave us a perfect excuse to build a fire and not leave the couch all day. I had to work for several hours, but at least I had a change of scenery!


I've been promising Ryan I would make surf & turf for dinner for months now, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to get in the kitchen and try a new recipe. We stopped at the Fresh Market for steaks and lobster before we left Greenville, and I can honestly say we devoured this meal. I'll post the recipe for this lobster mac and cheese this week also! Seriously so good.


We were graced with wonderful weather on Sunday, so we were happy to finally get out of the house! There's a waterfall nearby that I've been to several times but Ryan has never seen, so we hopped in the car for a quick "hike." The road leading to the waterfall is paved and there are even steps down to get the best view, but somehow I'm actually sore today. Can we say, "out of shape"??

 

 
That, my friends, is what I've been up to for the past 10 days. I hope to not pull another disappearing act!

And holy crap, it's almost MARCH! How the heck did that happen??!

No comments: