Saturday, January 19, 2013

{Recipe} ~ Hot Asiago Crab & Artichoke Dip

We made it to Saturday! I almost want to give myself a pat on the back for that, but I woke up this morning with what I'm 95% sure is a sinus infection. Yay. Hopefully I can find some really effective meds in my medicine cabinet!

I'll be working a little bit today and tomorrow, heading to Anderson for a wedding this afternoon, and then Ryan and I are having dinner at The Peddler Steakhouse. It opened in 1969 and seems like a Greenville legend. I hear the steaks are amazing - I'm excited to check it out! Sunday will most likely be spent on the couch watching football and trying to fight this sickness. It's times like these where I really wish I drank tea; I think it would make me feel better!

But first, I want to share a recipe with you!


My friend and coworker Sarah is a huge Baltimore Ravens fan. She's really superstitious about where she watches the games, and since they last lost while we were at Ale House, she couldn't go back there to watch a game. So we decided to host a little viewing party at her place instead! And obviously, any sort of get-together is an excuse for me to try a new recipe!

I previously saved a crab dip recipe and thought it'd be perfect for the game (Maryland...crabs...you get the idea)! This dip makes a huge portion, so make sure you're serving a crowd! I served it with crostini and blue corn tortilla chips and we washed it all down with bloody mary's! Put this recipe in your back pocket for the Super Bowl coming up!

Hot Asiago Crab & Artichoke Dip
from Confessions of a Foodie Bride


Ingredients
  • For the crab dip:
  • 8 oz cream cheese (I use reduced-fat)
  • 1/2 cup mayo (I use light)
  • 1/2 cup fat-free greek yogurt (I used 0% Fage)
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided (I added Fontina also)
  • 14 oz can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
  • 8-12 oz jumbo lump crab meat
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • For the pico de gallo:
  • 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
  • 1 handful cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 cup green onion tops, chopped
  • Squeeze of lime juice
  • Salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Beat the cream cheese, mayo, and yogurt together until smooth.
  3. Add the white and light parts of the green onions (dark green parts will be used for the pico), lemon juice, and 1 1/4 cup grated cheese.
  4. Fold in artichokes and crab.
  5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  6. Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and spread evenly, sprinkling the remaining cheese on top..
  7. Bake for ~20 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
  8. To make the pico, toss all ingredients together and set aside until ready to serve.
  9. Remove the dip from the oven, top with pico, and serve with blue corn tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted crostini.
  10. Best when hot or very warm, leftovers will keep a couple of days. Can be assembled ahead of time and then baked at the last minute.


No comments: