Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year's Eve Recap

I know, I'm a little late on this one too. We're one week into busy season and I'm already falling apart (kidding, but 12 hour workdays don't leave much time for anything else)!

There's always this huge pressure every year to have amazing New Year's plans, and honestly, it drives me nuts. I'd much prefer a low-key get together to ring in the New Year than a big fancy party. I've done the party thing, it was fun, but it's just not my favorite.

Clemson was playing in the Chick-fil-a Bowl in Atlanta on NYE, so Ryan and I debated for awhile about going to the game. Honestly, I wasn't too convinced we weren't going to lose, so I didn't really want to spend the money on tickets, hotels, etc. so we eventually decided against it. Plus, we had already been to Clemson's season opener in Atlanta earlier in the year.

So, in the interest of still doing something fun, we decided to tag along with my parents to their best friends' New Year's party. Becky and Ted have hosted a NYE party for as long as a I can remember (the year 2000 being my first vivid memory), and in recent years, they've turned it into a "seafood extravaganza" - crab legs, oysters, shrimp, oh my!

This was a perfect way for us to spend New Year's - Ryan got to meet a lot of my parent's friends, we ate some delicious food, and we got to cheer our Tigers to a victory against LSU! Such a fun, fun night ringing in 2013!


And this last photo was just too cute not to post:


Ryan got up to go to the bathroom and Scarlet stole his seat on the couch beside me. Ryan was delegated to the floor for the remainder of the game!
 
The next morning, we whipped up a delicious New Year's Day brunch (no traditional collards and black-eyed peas for this family - yuck!), watched some football, played card games and scrabble, and then it was back to Greenville and the real world.
 

 
This is my last post in terms of recaps of the holidays, I swear! How did you all spend your New Year's?

No comments: