Thursday, March 15, 2012

The ABCs of Charlotte

I saw this blog questionnaire awhile back on a blog I follow, so I thought it'd be fun to fill it out for my blog as well!

A. Age: 23. My birthday is in July, so I'm getting close to 24!



B. Bed Size: Queen. I got a queen-size bed when I moved into my last apartment, and I don't know how I slept so long in a double (or twin). One of the requirements of my new bed was that it was high off the ground and that my mattress was "fluffy." It's safe to say I accomplished both of these; I like to proclaim I have the coziest bed ever!

Comfy, cozy bed!




















C. Chore you dislike: Folding laundry! Doing laundry isn't the problem - I usually wait until I have several huge loads and I just throw everything in together. The problem is putting it away and hanging things to dry. I have no patience! I sometimes restart the dryer so things don't get wrinkled but I'm really just trying to avoid the inevitable.

D. Dogs: I've never had a dog! Growing up, we had a cat named Oreo. We got him when I was 5 and we just had to put him to sleep last year at age 18. He was the greatest pet I've ever had!

 But if I ever got a dog, I'd get a golden doodle. They're seriously the cutest dogs ever. 
 


Our sweet kitty
 
You can't tell me you don't want this adorable puppy!
E. Essential Start to your Day: Coffee usually, and a shower. I also like watching TV while I'm getting ready (most people I know listen to music). I either watch my Friends DVD's (I own the complete series -- favorite TV show of ALL TIME) or the Today Show!

F. Favorite Color: This is easy. BLUE. I love any and all shades of blue. 


G. Gold or Silver: I like both! It depends on my outfit, but the one piece of jewelry I wear everyday is my Clemson class ring, and it's white gold, so I guess I'll say silver!

My Clemson ring!





















H. Height: 5'9". I like being tall, except when I'm wearing heels and towering over everyone! Also, tall guys are hard to find these days!

I. Instruments you play(ed): I took piano lessons for several years when I was younger, but I've forgotten everything I learned. I can still read music, but I do wish I hadn't stopped playing! I also played the clarinet in the middle school band. That talent did not last very long!

J. Job Title: Staff Auditor (soon to be CPA!) 

K. Kids: None! I used to say I wanted twins, but how difficult would it be to hold two babies at the same time?!

L. Live: Greenville, SC! I've only ever lived in South Carolina. I grew up in Anderson, went to Clemson for college, and moved to Greenville upon graduation. 
 
My roomie, Lauren, and I downtown Greenville after our MPAcc graduation!
















M. Mom's Name: Kathryn. I know people say that they have the best mom in the world, but I might actually be stating the truth when I say it. She's the most loving, caring, thoughtful person I know. I hope to be half the mother she is one day!

My wonderful mom and sister

N. Nicknames: I don't really have any. My dad calls me "bubby" and friends in college called me "Char Char," mostly as a joke (I hope!)

O. Overnight Hospital Stays: None, thank goodness! (knock on wood...)

P. Pet Peeves: Ha, I believe I have a few of these. I hate being late, or people who are going to be late and don't let you know. I get very angry when people drive slow in the left-hand lane and don't move over for you to pass. I also get very annoyed when people chew gum with their mouth open. Sorry, it's not attractive AT ALL.

Q. Quote: Ohh, I just love quotes! I keep a word document of ones I hear and want to save. It's hard to pick just one favorite. But one that I love to have around as a wonderful reminder: "All great blessings come from being at peace. When the day is over, go to sleep. Never stay up worrying about tomorrow. Work hard and let God do the rest."

R. Righty or lefty: Righty.

S. Siblings: One sister, Katie, who lives all the way on the opposite side of the country in California! She went to Berkeley for grad school and ended up staying! We miss her. A lot. (But California is quite a nice place to visit!)



A tad windy at the Golden Gate Bridge!

 




















Kaua'i
















T. Time you wake up: Random fact about me - I set my alarms ending in 3's or 7's. So on mornings I go to Yoga (Monday and Friday) or run before work, I set my alarm at 5:33 am. On mornings I work but "sleep in," I wake up at 6:37 am. And on the Saturday's I have to work (hello, busy season!), I set my alarm at 8:03 am. I have no idea where I picked up this strange habit, but 3 is my favorite number. I'm kind of secretly convinced that days where I don't set my alarm on these weird times will be bad luck days. Yes, I'm weird. I've embraced it.

U. University: Clemson. The best place on earth. My blood runs orange. I still get chills whenever I sing or hear the alma mater. There's nowhere else I would've wanted to spend 5 of the greatest years of my life.


Tillman Hall via


Death Valley, 82,000 of your best friends!
















V. Vegetables you don't like: Broccoli. I've tried so hard to like it, but I just can't. As a child, I also hated lima beans. I remember piling as many as I could on my fork and holding my nose while I ate them. But now I love them! Funny how our taste buds change!

W. What makes you run late: I actually HATE to be late, especially when I know someone is waiting on me. But if I am late, it's usually because of traffic/can't find a place to park/I'm with other people who are running late.

X. X-Rays you've had: I broke my leg when I was 5 months old. So I'm sure I had X-rays then, I  obviously just don't remember! 

Y. Yummy food you make: I love love LOVE to cook (and eat)! I'm currently cooking my way through every recipe I can get my hands on via Pinterest! It's the best way to keep track of recipes you want to try! Some of my favorites I love to cook are chicken pot pie (mmm, comfort food), Taco cornbread casserole, and delicious grilled corn guacamole.

Z. Zoo Animal Favorites: I don't visit the zoo too often, but the family and I just took a trip to San Diego last year, and of course had to tour the famous zoo! Here are some of my favorite pictures from that trip:





















But I do love penguins (my sister's favorite animal)!

My penguin friend from the St. Louis Zoo!





















I hope you enjoyed all the random facts about me!

No comments: