I'm hunkered down for the next few days with this amazing pasta to keep me warm. There is seriously nothing better than a comforting bowl of this one-pot pasta. Southern Living has the best recipes, hands down. I'm typically not a fan of leftovers and I ate this dish for lunch and dinner for at least 3 days without complaint. The best part about this recipe is that you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge!
One-Pot Pasta with Tomato-Basil Sauce
from Southern Living
- 12 ounces casarecce or fusilli pasta
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 medium-size yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place first 9 ingredients and, if desired, dried crushed red pepper in a Dutch oven in order of ingredient list. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (about 12 to 15 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is slightly al dente, stirring at 5-minute intervals.
- Remove from heat, and stir in spinach (I saved the basil for this step and added it with the spinach). Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Stir just before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese.