Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend Update ~ Beach Edition

Sitting at my desk this morning doesn't quite have the same excitement as sitting in a beach chair with my toes in the sand. But I suppose all good things must come to an end.

Here's a recap of my weekend spent at the beach!
The first 2 full days at the beach were completely rainy and gross. I finally made it out to the beach on Wednesday in the hopes of some sunshine and was greeted with lovely thunderstorm clouds over the ocean. But luckily, that storm passed really quickly and it was nice for the rest of the afternoon and the rest of the week!

The 4th was spent with the annual parade of golf carts, a military fly-over with vintage planes, festive cocktails, homemade appetizers, burgers on the grill, and watching fireworks all along the beach!

We spent Friday night at our favorite restaurant, Chive Blossom, which never disappoints! Afterwards, we took a drive around Pawley's Island before heading back to the house.

Since I've been going to Litchfield since I was born, I swear that ocean air runs in my veins. It's always a sad day when we have to drive away!

Linking up with Sami today!


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Glad you got some beach time on your vacation! Looks like a good week!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Looks like a wonderful week!